Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013 Update 4 is now available for both Linux* and Windows*. You can learn more about the product at the Intel(R) Advisor XE Home Page. You can always access the product Release Notes and what is new in this Update 4 in the related Readme file.
If you are thinking of parallelizing your software or if you are already in the process of parallelizing your software or if you are just interested in staying abreast of the latest/greatest/neatest in software tools, be sure to check out this tool. We are here to help you use this tool, so don't hesitate to post your questions here. Most importantly, please be sure to let us know of your feedback. All comments welcome!
Here is what's new in Update 4:
- Increased values for the Target CPU Count in the Suitability Report window, including the scalability graph. To modify the current value, specify the Maximum CPU Count in the Options > General dialog box.
- Ways to skip program initialization for Survey and Suitability analysis, by either starting the tools in a paused collection state or pausing collection for a specified time. To resume collection, either use the Resume Collection annotation or click the Resume button.
- The side command toolbar is more accessible. For example, to start Survey or Suitability analysis in a paused collection state, use the << button to show it. After analysis completes, use the >> button to hide it, which increases the width available for the Report window.
- New options that let you display or hide the warning message for missing debug information (Survey) and set the Suitability Report's Maximum CPU Count.
- Several new messages, a visual indication in the result tab name when a tool is waiting for you to click a button, and other usability enhancements.