using mpif.h

using mpif.h

Hello

I'm newbie to parallel computing and trying to use mpif.h for my first program.

This is what I've done.

1.Properties of project -> Configuration Properties -> Fortran -> Additional Include Directories : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2\Inc"

2.                                                                                Linker -> General -> Additional Library Directories : "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2\Lib\[i386|amd64]"         

3.                                                                                Linker -> Input :  Additional Dependencies : msmpi.lib

(one of the files msmpifec.lib msmpifmc.lib msmpifes.lib msmpifmc.lib msmpifms.lib which were in the i386 and amd64 folders)

By doing this I get 2 errors.

error #11018: Cannot open msmpi.lib

fatal error LNk1181: cannot open input file 'msmpi.lib'

How do I fix this? Does anybody know how to fix this?

By the way, I did the same procedure for c/c++ compiler and it worked well.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2\Lib\[i386|amd64]" isn't right - you're supposed to pick one of the subfolders. You probably mean "C:\Program Files\Microsoft HPC Pack 2008 R2\Lib\amd64"

Steve

I also tried that but it didn't work. There are 2 folders (amd64 & i386) in the Lib. I don't know why but when I used c/c++ compiler, only specifying "Lib\amd64" didn't work, instead I had to use "Lib\[i386|amd64]". But when I try to use fortran, neither of them works.Any other suggestion?

Unless Microsoft has added a feature I don't know about, using a vertical bar to specify alternates doesn't work. I should try this. It should work if you specify the full path to a folder containing msmpi.lib.

Please show a directory listing of the folder in question and the buildlog.htm after the failed link.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.