How to manage the licenses of intel composer that installed on cluster?

How to manage the licenses of intel composer that installed on cluster?

Hi all,

I am a student. We are going to buy intel composer (including FORTRAN and C) and install it on our university's cluster. But  I just want people in our group can use it. Because the cluster is open to all students in our university. After installing the compiler on the cluster, how should I do if I want only my group members can use it?

Thanks!

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Assuming you bought floating licenses, which is the only thing that makes sense in your situation, you can add rules to the license server's configuration file limiting use to specific combinations of host and username. If you need help with that, please ask in http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-development-produc...

If you just bought a single-user license, the use you describe would not meet the terms of the license. If each possible user has their own single-user license, you could remove the .LIC file from the default shared Licenses folder and have each user keep their license in a private folder to which they have pointed the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.