Beta2 Issues compiling samples.

Beta2 Issues compiling samples.

I'm having issues compiling some of the examples in the beta2 drop. For example. capture_viewer/resources.h appears to be corrupt. has a bunch of odd unicode characters.

Also, when ever I try to compile gesture_viewer or gesture_viewer_simple. It keeps erring out saying it can't find afxres.h

I'm unable to locate this file anywhere.

I'm compiling using VS 2012 express. Please advise if there are any work arounds or solutions.

Attached is a screenshot of the resources.h file opened in a text editor.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I believe the Capture_viewer sample is corrupt as I can't get it to load. I also see the same resource.h file contents as n8o.

All other SDK Beta2 samples build and run using VS2012 pro - have you read http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/338014 and specifically have you carried out Mikhail's instructions to build libpxcutils.lib for VS2012?

David

I rebuilt libpxcutils.lib using 2012 express. i can compile and run the other examples. just not the gesture_viewer and gesture_viewer_simple.

both samples include ./res/gesture_viewer.rc in there it has the fallowing:

#define APSTUDIO_READONLY_SYMBOLS
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//
// Generated from the TEXTINCLUDE 2 resource.
//
#include "afxres.h"

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
#undef APSTUDIO_READONLY_SYMBOLS

the afxres.h is the file that can't be found. I'm not sure yet where the APSTUDIO_READONLY_SYMBOLS is defined or what it is exactly used for yet. maybe it's not even needed in my case. I'm not sure...

Beta1 of the gesture_viewer and gesture_viewer_simple worked fine for me before using VS 2012 Express.

-Nate

Hi Nate,

I believe the missing file is a header file deployed with VS2012. On My PC it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\atlmfc\include so either it is not deployed in Express or your installation needs to be repaired.

The Capture_viewer sample is definitely screwed though.

David

Dave,

Thanks for your help. You pointed me into the right direction. Although it turns out that the atlmfc libraries aren't included in the express version. only pro.

if you edit gesture_viewer.rc and replace afxres.h with WinResrc.h everything compiles and runs just fine.

Thanks for your help.

-Nate

Hi Nate,

Good to hear you got it working. Hopefully the capture_viewer sample will be fixed soon.

David

See fixed files attached in post below from Konstantin. David

Hi David,

Unfortunately it still won't load unless I create a folder 'res', copy capture-viewer.png -> res\capture_viewer.rc and then the build fails because resource.h is corrupt - see OP.

David

Sorry for late reply. You can download fixed files from attach to this post.
Please extract contents of attached capture_viewer.7z into samples/capture_viewer folder confirm replacement of files.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download capture-viewer.7z3.73 KB

Hi Konstantin,

I extracted the files and placed in capture_viewer directory. To enable the solution to compile I had to create "res" folder and place capture_viewer.rc in this folder.

All working now with VS2012.

David

Hi David,

Yeah i forgot to pack fixed capture_viewer.vcproj file which have this "res" problem resolved. Updated my attachment in previous post.

Yep - resolved with revised attachment.

Thanks,

David

Login to leave a comment.