Camera Sensor can't work with lenovo Y470

Camera Sensor can't work with lenovo Y470

Jack Young's picture

Hi:

My computer is Y470 of lenovo.

After I install the SDK correctly,the camera could only work for once or twice then I could never use the camera sensor.

I encounter with this problem with two computers of lenovo Y470 running Win7 64bit.

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
David Lu (Intel)'s picture

Would you please provide more information to us?

Jack Young's picture

I failed to connect it with lenovo laptops two Y470 series and one Thinkpad.
The sensor even can't power on , no response after I open my program.
The three laptops are all from Lenovo and run Win7 64.

Jack Young's picture

Hi:
Could you help me solving this problem?

daflippers's picture

Hi Allen,

As there isn't any external indication that the camera has powered up you'll need to check in the device manager to see if the PC has seen and initialised the camera. You should see two instances of Creative GestureCam, one in Imaging Devices and another in Sound, Video and Game controllers.

I have attached screenshots of the Camera intialisation and Device Manager from a Win7 64 PC.

You will see unknown devices in Device manager until the drivers are downloaded via windows update.

If you don't see the device at all then the camera is probably faulty.

David

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download devman.docx251.52 KB
Jack Young's picture

Hi:
Thanks for your help. I will try to describe my problem more clearly. For my English is not good ,I am sorry for the inconvenience I arouse.
1, My company is a developer ,I am sure that we installed the SDK successfully, meantime we installed the driver successfully on a Y470 without SDK. So the environment is OK.
2, The sensor is OK,it works well with DELL's laptop and our desktop
3, Problem: It can't worked with Lenovo's laptop. My company has three Lenovo's Y470 laptops and one Thinkpad.
I have done the driver step you mentioned above successfully,but the sensor still can't work.
The sensor even can't power on,not to mention get the data.My company almost use Lenovo'laptop,so it makes us work difficult.

Jack Young's picture

Hi David:
In fact I think it is very strange.

daflippers's picture

Hi Allen,

What exactly did you see in the Device Manager?

David

Jack Young's picture

Hi :
Pls refer to the attachment.
In fact the first time I installed it,it works once,then can't work anymore.
Driver installation is OK like your screen capture.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download lenovo.jpg7.07 KB
daflippers's picture

Ni Hao Allen,

I see there is a '!" by the Creative GestureCam suggesting the driver isn't loaded correctly. I would right click on the item and try reloading driver. If that doesn't work try deleting the GestureCam instances, reboot and then connect again.

David

Jack Young's picture

Hi David:
I have tried but unfortunately both methods failed .
1,I updated the driver,sysytem tells me that:my driver is already the newest one like the attachment.But the camera still can't work though I reboot my computer or plug in the camera again.
2,I deleting the GestureCam instances,then reinstalled the driver,sysytem suggest that :the driver is installed successfully,but there is still a"!",and the camera still can't work.
This happens on four lenovo's laptops with Win7 64 Chinese/English Home Basic/Ultimate.

Attachments: 

daflippers's picture

Hi Allen,

Just some thoughts/suggestions:

Does it give any indication of what the problem is? If there isn't anything via the right click on the icon I would try looking in the event viewer. Windows must be reporting what is causing it to highlight it with the '!'.

Is the OS on the Dell the same?

I'd also try using a powered USB hub between the PC and the Camera - check this configuration on the Dell first.

David

daflippers's picture

Hi Allen,

Just some thoughts/suggestions:

Does it give any indication of what the problem is? If there isn't anything via the right click on the icon I would try looking in the event viewer. Windows must be reporting what is causing it to highlight it with the '!'.

Is the OS on the Dell the same?

I'd also try using a powered USB hub between the PC and the Camera - check this configuration on the Dell first.

David

Jack Young's picture

Hi David:
I havn't seen any indication,so I don't know how to do,then I come here for help.
Dell has the same OS,so does the desktop.
Is lenove's laptop not compatible with your sensor?
Really strange,is there anyone else meet this same problem.

daflippers's picture

Hi Allen,

I'm just a user but I'm trying to help.

Does the event viewer have any errors or warnings about the GestureCam?

David

Jack Young's picture

Hi David:
Thanks for your kind help.
No errors or warnings,it's like that the driver is not right but Windows has no indication.
When I plugin in the sensor ,it can't work.
So we don't know where the problem is because no suggestions here.

Zsolt E.'s picture

Hi Allen. Fellow user here. I'm using a Thinkpad W520 and it's perfect! So it's not with Lenovo in general, it's some software or hardware accessory on your computers, I'd guess!

Window should tell you what is the problem with the driver if you click right click properties on the Creative Gesturecam. Also, try all the USB ports! Maybe it's not receiving enough power. Also, try to disconnect all other USB peripherials, like keyboard, mouse, wireless receiver, etc. Maybe they use too much power so the computer cannot supply enough to the camera.

Also, did you try loading BIOS defaults?

Jack Young's picture

Hi:
I think I have solved the problem by disabling the Lenovo EasyCamera(laptop's own camera).
Thanks for all your help.

daflippers's picture

Hi Allen,

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

David

Login to leave a comment.