Features of Creative's "Gesture" and Softkinect's "DepthSense" cameras

Features of Creative's "Gesture" and Softkinect's "DepthSense" cameras

Hello,

This seems to be a software developers’ forum, however, I did not find any other alternative source of information.  And I hope that local experts can answer my questions.

There are few TOF -based devices available that supports Intel's P-C SDK, examples are Creative* Interactive Gesture Camera Developer Kit and Softkinect DepthSense cameras. Both of these cameras seem to be based on the same TOF technology and these devices are compatible with Intel P-C SDK.

Is somebody familiar with the following issues, or could recommend me a source of information (Spec documents):

1.    Do these cameras provide access to manufacture-time calibration camera parameters for video and depth sensors? How accurate that data?
2.    How good is time synchronization between video and depth frames?
  a.    Do they support equal frame rate for video and depth?
  b.    What is accuracy of "time entity" for video and depth frames (temporal synchronization), e.g. as percent of frame period?
3.    Do these cameras provide rectified/calibrated output for video and depth frames? Or output of video and depth sensors completely independent?
4. Do these cameras allow parallel operations of several cameras (camera array), this can be done, for example if each camera has unique modulation sequence

Thank you in advance.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I have forwarded your question to our development team and we will get back to you once we have an answer. Thanks.

On your quesion 4

> Do these cameras allow parallel operations of several cameras (camera array), this can be done, for example if each camera has unique modulation sequence

This function is not supported at this time, but you are correct that giving different TOF cameras different modulation frequencies would allow multiple cameras to look at one scene without interference. If you have specific questions on this feel free to contact support@softkinetic.com

Hi David,

It will be helpful if the resolution is provided to Mr. Dmytro R questions, since me too thinking of buying the softkinect DepthSense 325 camera to develop Applications using Intel PC-SDK.

@ Mr. Dmytro R,

Shall i go ahead and buy the DepthSense 325 Camera for working with Intel PC-SDK?

Thank you in Advance

Login to leave a comment.