Intellisense - how to create and use

Intellisense - how to create and use

Have an executable that exports a number of symbols for use by plug-ins. The executable and the plug-ins consist of Fortran plus a little c and I've just re-done the executable comments to generate html documentation using doxygen. The response has been that plug-in authors would prefer Intellisense.

I am using Visual Studio 2010 and IVF Composer XE 2011 Update 9 (12.1.3526.2010) so Intellisense should be supported but to what capability?

Have generated a test C++ project and got the documentation xml for a dll, I use this in another test C++ project and it only uses the header file information. So evidently I don't know how to use the technology and cannot find any tutorials online. I suspect it is only useful for .NET projects, whereas this is cross-platform.

I'm sure I can convert the xml output from doxygen into the Microsoft format, but no one seems to bother which makes me suspect that I am wasting my time. Any help reaching a conclusion would be greatly appreciated.

Zeb

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

In a Fortran project, you don't have access to Microsoft's Intellisense. The Intel Fortran integration has its own version of this which is not as user extensible as Intellisense is.

I am not sure I completely understand what you're looking for here, though. This is from a C++ project? What is the Fortran connection?

Steve

Login to leave a comment.