Can we create any preceptual application without camera device

Can we create any preceptual application without camera device

Hi All,

I am a newbie and just started exploring intel preceptual computing sdk. I just wanted to know can we create preceptual application using sdk without camera device. If so what kind of application?

Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 is enough for development or we need any other studio too?

For gaming apps, how to start?

Can someone point me towards good starting tutorial(C# not CPP) of this sdk which explain basics.

Thanks,

Shyam

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi,
Yes you can develop applications without the camera.The best point to start is to get a webcam or Laptop Camera(i.e attached with the Laptop).
Install the SDK Beta edition and then test the samples (Check which one is working) and then go through the documentation of SDK.To start with C Sharp there are Framework examples when you Install the SDK.One thing to know is the lifecycle of the software you are developing.You need to release the objects(IDisposable Interface) to complete the cycle.Experiment and know more.Thanks.any Info needed you can drop in a line,I am currently working on the C # module so i will update when i know more.

Abhishek Nandy

Hi Abhishek,

I'd be interested in more information on how you are progressing with C#. Any chance of a blog?

@Shyam - Also see http://software.intel.com/en-us/comment/1718399#comment-1718399 for SDK samples that don't require GestureCam.

David

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today