error #5082: Syntax error with debug mode, but works fine with release mode

error #5082: Syntax error with debug mode, but works fine with release mode

Jay Z.'s picture

Strange things happen, and I couldn't figure out what's going on. Maybe you could help. Millions of thanks in advance.

I got bunch of error as following when I compile the projects in debug mode, but it works fine with release mode. In release mode, it compiles and runs well. I just cannot do any debugging. :-( 

error #5082: Syntax error, found '&' when expecting one of: ( , <END-OF-STATEMENT> ; [ / //

It happens at places where an old project consists of all .F programs. In these ancient .F programs, it includes a text file which has line continuation in the new free format continuation. I put the  "&" at 73 column and 6 column in the next line. It works fine before in the debug mode. When I upgrade my compiler to 2013.1.119 I got this strange thing happened.

For debug mode, command line is :

/nologo /debug:full /Od /fpp /I"C:\PLDS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\PLDS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Debug" /DWIN32=WIN32 /DMSMQ /Qvec-report0 /module:"Debug/" /object:"Debug/" /Fd"Debug\vc100.pdb" /traceback /check:bounds /libs:static /threads /dbglibs /c

In release mode, it is:

/nologo /O2 /fpp /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /I"C:\DS\trunk\base.plds\rtm\src\Release" /DWIN32=WIN32 /DMSMQ /Qvec-report0 /module:"Release/" /object:"Release/" /Fd"Release\vc100.pdb" /libs:static /threads /c

Any suggestions?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

Can you try disabling Preprocessing (/fpp) on one of these files and see if that helps? Obviously if your source depends on preprocessing that won't work...

Would you be willing to attach a ZIP file of one of the problem .F files and the corresponding include files? You can do it in a private message to me if you want, or Intel Premier Support.

Steve
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

Are you sure that Diagnostics > Generated Interface Checking is off in the Debug configuration? (Your command options suggest that it is off, but I wonder.) We know of a problem, fixed in an update later this month, that sounds suspiciously like what you describe, but it requires generated interface checking.

Steve
Jay Z.'s picture

Steve,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Turning off Check routine Interface resolves the issue. Cheers.

Jay

Login to leave a comment.