Forum view: no icons in leftmost column

Forum view: no icons in leftmost column

rase's picture

The icons in the leftmost column do not appear anymore but are replaced by text (New post, Hot topic). The explanations for the icons are still visible at the bottom, without the icons. Bug or feature? I use Firefox.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
app4619's picture

I have been getting that also for the last couple of days (using Chrome) also.

Les Neilson's picture

Alas another "improvement" that isn't. There is no added functionality. I have to wonder who made the request to make the change (could it really have come from the users?), and who approved / scheduled the change whilst other (IMO more important) user requests remain outstanding.
Also as noted by someone else in another post, the edit icons are shown vertical under "Leave a comment"
Les

jimdempseyatthecove's picture

I would have thought something as glaring as toolbar buttons being orientated vertically instead of horizontally would have shown up with a simple test. IOW, it would be prudent to test the web page changes on a sequestered system prior to going live.

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

It's a bug and will be fixed.

Steve
app4619's picture

It works today :-) 

lklawrie's picture

Not working here (Firefox as well), but the comment box looks better.  Unfortunately the announcements box is back to where you can't minimize it so it takes up half the screen (and I have a big screen)

Linda

The appearance issues are still being worked on. Some were fixed, some are not yet fixed. We do think we fixed the performance issue, though.

Steve
rase's picture

Congratulations, the icons in the leftmost column of the forum view are back again. I hope it will be possible sometimes to display the new picture after clearing the old one and uploading the new one.

rase's picture

Where have all the icons gone? One day with icons, the other day without. Funny, isn't it? But the new picture is displayed now. Any correlations?

rase's picture

Glad to see that the icons in the leftmost column are back again. I hope that nothing else is missing now.

Interesting - I am not seeing the icons. I do know that forum issues were deferred for a long time but there is now a dedicated team working on these.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.