Camera extremely noisy in RGB

Camera extremely noisy in RGB

My camera has some kind of physical problem. It's with the RGB sensor. RGB sensor was always noisy, but the noisiness is now getting stronger and stronger. It's so noisy now that it's almost impossible to recognize features by RGB. The noise is mostly blue-lines moving over time. The depth sensor is OK.

I've recorded a screencast here:
http://www.screenr.com/bR47

I've tried it in multiple computers and multiple USB ports. The result is the exact same noise.

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I have seen that sort of effect on more than one camera.  Anyone care to comment?

David

I have seen that sort of effect on more than one camera.  Anyone care to comment?

David

Damn the double click double post issue!

I've sent this to the camera team, to see if there is known issue.

This is a known issue with DS325 V2.06, fixed in V2.07. Thanks!

Quote:

David Lu (Intel) wrote:

This is a known issue with DS325 V2.06, fixed in V2.07. Please update your camera firmware to V2.07. Thanks!

Thanks David! Do you have any downloads and/or flashing instructions for the Intel/Creative cam? I mean this is the first time I've even read about that the camera is firmware upgradable, I haven't seen this information neither on the homepage nor in the SDK (although I haven't looked really deeply).

Quote:

David Lu (Intel) wrote:

This is a known issue with DS325 V2.06, fixed in V2.07. Please update your camera firmware to V2.07. Thanks!

Thanks David! Do you have any downloads and/or flashing instructions for the Intel/Creative cam? I mean this is the first time I've even read about that the camera is firmware upgradable, I haven't seen this information neither on the homepage nor in the SDK (although I haven't looked really deeply).

Agreed, I had a look around including the Softkinetic site but no joy.

Is this part of the phase 1 challenge?  ;o)

A clue to the firmware location and flash tool would be a great help.

David

Sorry, V2.06 and V2.07 are hardware version. So current V2.06 camera can not upgrade to V2.07.

My camera has the same problem (shown in Zsoft's video). Did we get a defective unit? Can we get a free exchange?

This is a known issue for V2.06 camera. Please send the camera back to Click support and ask for replacement. You also can contact with me and I will replace it for you. Thanks!

>>>My camera has some kind of physical problem. It's with the RGB sensor>>>

The noise will be always present,but not at such a level.This could stem from defective CMOS sensor.

8< The noise will be always present,but not at such a level.This could stem from defective CMOS sensor.

Or as David stated a known issue with v2.06 of the camera.

It would be helpful to know:

1. how to identify the revision of the camera?
  2. the exact process to have the camera replaced - is there the possibility of having an advance replacement?

David

>>>how to identify the revision of the camera?>>>

Do not you have a software installed with the camera?

Hi Iliyapolak,

The camera requires PCSDK to be installed and there is no software with the camera. I have checked through device manager but can't find a version for the hardware.

David

>>>The camera requires PCSDK to be installed and there is no software with the camera. I have checked through device manager but can't find a version for the hardware.>>>

I do not know if this will help to obtain the revision number,but I would advise you to use at elevated command prompt WMI console.You can start the console by entering this command wmic /?.This will dump all the help info.

HI Iliyapolak,

I assume from your posts that you might not have access to a Creative gesture camera.

Given my camera shows a known issue I would just like to confirm version and then follow the correct process for replacement.  David Lu offered people contact him but I think it might be better to document the process on the forum, hence my post. 

David

How the camera is connected to the pc?If this is usb you can try to use usbview tool  to obtain revision number.The other option is to use windbg and locate the PDO of the camera (if camera has installed some driver).

>>>you might not have access to a Creative gesture camera>>>

No I do not have an access to this camera.

Hi Iliyapolak,

USBView doesn't give that information but I suspect the camera serial number will give a clue.  I think it would help if Intel provided the answers to my original questions:

1. how to identify the revision of the camera?
  2. the exact process to have the camera replaced - is there the possibility of having an advance replacement?

David

>>>USBView doesn't give that information but I suspect the camera serial number will give a clue>>>

Have you tried WMI console?

No - I got bored ;o)

David

Bored of what?

Looking for the version number because once I do find it I still don't know the best way of having it replaced which is why I have asked the questions.

As Intel have acknowledged there is an issue with a version of camera and offered to replace it I hoped that someone from Intel would post how to check the version number and if 2.06 how to get it replaced.

David 

Does your camera have some driver?

It uses a Microsoft driver...

As I said, I got bored looking!

David

I do not know where to look.One of the last options albeit not easy to do is to use windbg and look at Physical Device Object (PDO) which is created by the usbvideo driver.

I think all the information we have is provided in the SDK information tool. No need for low level things. My model is VF0780.
David, is it possible to tell the good/bad version from the model number?

Also, at the updates page, I see the following:

> Creative* Gesture Interactive Camera Firmware 2100 (from 2028)

Why is this FW not upgraded/installed at setup? I have the newest beta3 using the web installer, but still this firmware hasn't been updated.

Are you looking for Firmware version of your Camera?  I was sent these instructions if that is what you are looking for:

<blockquote>Once the camera is connected simply run the Camera Info, and in the window that pops up, you can click through “Color Node”, “Depth Node” and “Audio Node”. Under “Revision” for all of these, the firmware version will be listed</blockquote>

If your camera is faulty, contact the person / entity who distributed to you to request a replacement (account manager, event host etc). If you recieved from the contest I can connect with that team regarding replacement.  Send me a private message here and I will expedite the request

I'll look at this in the morning.  David Lu posted about the known issue hence my questions.

Now what would someone do who purchased the cameta like me?

David

Sounds like we need a new thread on camera replacements.  David you can send me a private message in the meantime while I chase down the process

Hi Bob,

PM sent.

David

Hi,

I would like to ask about radiusWorld and radiusImage if those attributes can help me to find out the fingers position and how can I use it in my project!!!

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today