I just got a reply from Allinea that their DDT
debugger does not support coarrays/Intel
combination. Apparently it does support
coarrays, and it does support Intel, but
not together. I guess when they talk
about supporting coarrays, they must mean Cray,
as I'm not aware of any other compiler supporting
coarrays.

Anyway, does the Intel debugger (idb) support coarrays?

Thanks

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The compiler release notes explain how to use the debugger on coarray applications.

Steve

I got this email: *quote* From: Intel Developer Zone To: Subject: New activity on your Forum topic Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 07:08:15 -0800 (PST) Hi Anton S., A new comment was posted on your Forum topic, does Intel debugger support coarrays?. Ronald W Green (Intel) posted: Unfortunately the Intel debugger does not support Intel Coarray Fortran at this time. It has been requested, and I will add this note to our feature request for this support. ron Click here to view this Forum topic and respond: http://software.intel.com/en-us/comment/1723899#comment-1723899 *end quote* Has this been posted in error? And has it been withdrawn subsequently? Because the URL returns page not found. Anyway, I can only assume that Ron's reply was wrong, and that Steve erased it and gave the correct reply. Is that it? Thanks Anton P.S. Please give a link the the release notes of the latest compiler.

Ron must have deleted his reply after I told him separately about what the release notes say.  You can find the release notes installed along with your compiler, or at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-composer-xe-2013-...

The Intel Debugger does not "support" coarrays and we don't have plans to add such support. However, it is possible to do some debugging of a coarray application with the Intel Debugger and a bit of effort. You may find that MPI-knowledgable debuggers such as TotalView can help here too.  We recognize that debugging of coarray applications is something we need to do a better job of enabling.

Steve

I haven't used the Intel Debugger very often, but I imagine it has a feature whereby you can launch it independently and then attach to a process (a process on the local machine). If it does, then could the user run a separate instance of the Intel Debugger (potentially on different machines) each attached to a process of the application? Although this may be awkward it may suffice.

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

That's the technique described in the release notes.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.