Noobie Problem

Noobie Problem

I followed the instructions for the"MyFirstApp" .

I got the following result:

1>------ Build started: Project: ShowImages display, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Build started 06/03/2013 9:23:29 PM.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Touching "x64\Debug\ShowImages display.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute:
1>Skipping target "GenerateTargetFrameworkMonikerAttribute" because all output files are up-to-date with respect to the input files.
1>cl : Command line error D8016: '/clr' and '/Gm' command-line options are incompatible
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.28
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

If I eliminate Common Language Runtime Support (/clr) from the Configuration Properties -> General, and C/C++ -> General, I automatically get an error with #include "stdafx.h". 

When I eliminate /Gm by setting "Enable Minimal Rebuild" to "No" then I get:

1>cl : Command line error D8016: '/clr' and '/EHs' command-line options are incompatible.

Where is the real problem? Remember "Noobie" :-) be gentle

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Can anyone shed some light?

Regards,

Marty H

Hi Marty,

These sound like problems with partial builds.  Do you still see issue if you "Clean" and "Rebuild" the entire project?

-Tony

-Tony

Hi,

Your error does look familiar - if I remember right, it went away when I enabled the Multi Threaded runtime library, which I forgot at first.

>> Go to the C/C++Code Optimization tab and change the Runtime Library setting to be Multi-Threaded Debug (/MTd), or Multi-threaded (/MT), according to your project Debug or Release mode, as illustrated in Figure 6.

-- May the source be with you.

Sorry guys -- both the "Clean" and "Rebuild" of the entire project and Multi-Threaded Debug (/MTd) are not the problem. I still get the problem!

I think I will reinstall VS unless you have some other suggestions...

Regards,

Marty

Is there a way that I can use a command line for compiling this ? If so, what options do I use?

/EH switch tells your compiler to enable C++ type exception handling mechanism. Can you can try with /EHs or /EHc or /EHsc? You can change this in your project properties: => C/C++ => Code Generation => "Enable C++ Exceptions".

Login to leave a comment.