Installation/Execution problem

Installation/Execution problem

Omar B.'s picture

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this.  I'm sure it's a simple fix, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.  I'm using VS 2008, and my program builds just fine, but I'm not able to run it.  I suspect it has something to do with the program finding the right dll's, as it would previously throw an error explicitly naming them, but I've added these to the directory in which the executable lies to no avail. There was another thread on here that I followed that had problems similar if not identical to mine, and whose solution was to run some batch files included with the TBB and CnC install (which set up the environment variables), but at least one of the batch files in question isn't bundled with the installation anymore, at least, to my knowledge.  I've triple-quadruple checked the environment variables, but I guess I goofed up somewhere.  At any rate, the error message is "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.", if that is helpful at all.  I'm building the fibonacci example in the tutorial by the way, nothing complicated.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Frank Schlimbach (Intel)'s picture

Hi,

have you tried running it on the command line or only within VS?

The dependency walker might help: http://www.dependencywalker.com/.

With this it's pretty straight forward to see if it's just a missing (not-found) dll.

Let me know if you continue having this issue.

frank

ps: sorry for the late response, I was out of office...

Login to leave a comment.