A network error occured... C:\Windows\Installer\w_cproc_ide_unique_p_12.1.325.msi

A network error occured... C:\Windows\Installer\w_cproc_ide_unique_p_12.1.325.msi

Hello,

Greetings! I am getting the following error while installing (step 2) the evaluation version of Intel parallel studio xe 2013 update 2,

" A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file

C:\Windows\Installer\w_cproc_ide_unique_p_12.1.325.msi"

what is the reason for this error and how to overcome it.

Thank you

Stacky

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Stacky,

Please let me know the version and edition of your Visual Studio.  And, do you have any older Intel compilers integrated to your Visual Studio already?

Thank you.
--
Feilong H.
Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base:  http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools

You probably have Intel C++ Compiler 12.1 installed in your system.  Please try to remove it and then install Intel Parallel Studio XE.  Let me know if this works.

If uninstallation doesn't work for some reason, you might need Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to uninstall.  Simple run it and use it to uninstall Intel C++ Compiler 12.1, even if it does not appear in Add or Remove Programs. Then try installing IPS XE again.

Feilong

Hello Feilong,

Greetings! you spotted it correctly. I used windows installer cleanup utility to clean up other instances of intel compilers and it worked.

Thank you very much

Stacky

Glad to hear that.  Thank you for your issue submission.

Feilong

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today