error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DGESV referenced in function _MAIN__

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DGESV referenced in function _MAIN__

Leonardo O.'s picture

Hello,

I am trying to run the Hello Word example for LAPACK in my Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 installation and I got the following messages:

1>------ Build started: Project: Console1, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1>Linking...

1>Console1.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DGESV referenced in function _MAIN__

1>Release/Console1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

1>

1>Build log written to  "file://D:\tmp\Install\test_lapack\LAPACK-VS-Example\Release\BuildLog.htm"

1>Console1 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I am using the files BLAS.lib, LAPACK.lib and LAPACKE.lib and also a big file called lapack (54 MB) but with no extension, which seems to have some fortran commands inside it. I tried to put the extension .f90 on the lapack file but then I got dozens of other error messages.

The machine is 64 bit and has Windows 7.

Could anyone help me ? Thanks a lot.  

AttachmentSize
Download lapack-example.zip2 KB
3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

It would be more helpful if you included the buildlog.htm. But I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest that you downloaded 64-bit libraries because you're on a 64-bit system, but you're building a 32-bit configuration, so the linker won't find names in the 64-bit libraries.Where did you download this from?

I would also suggest that you use the LAPACK routines in Intel Math Kernel Library, part of the Fortran product. These are highly optimized and you already have them.

Steve
mecej4's picture

Quote:

..a big file called lapack (54 MB) but with no extension, which seems to have some fortran commands inside it. I tried to put the extension .f90 on the lapack file but then I got dozens of other error messages.

That is almost as original, if not as dangerous, as pouring gasoline into a pan and attempting to examine the contents with the help of a lighted match.

Your example runs fine when compiled using the Intel Fortran compiler with the /Qmkl option. If, for some reason, you wish to use other libraries (from Netlib or elsewhere) instead of the MKL libraries, make sure that they have been also compiled with the same (or a compatible) compiler as the one you use, with the same target architecure (IA32 or Intel64).

Login to leave a comment.