Unable to install HAXM

Unable to install HAXM

Joshua W.'s picture

Hi

I am trying to install HAXM but I am unable to, It is giving me an error about my computer not supporting VT-x, however as far as I can tell my machine should support it. I am running an i7 3770K on a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard, Win7 x64 and have enabled intel virtualisation in the BIOS.

Any help would be apreciated.

Jaxxa

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
iliyapolak's picture

Can you post the installation log?

iliyapolak's picture

Hi Joshua,

do you have any updates related to your problem?

Joshua W.'s picture

Thanks for getting back to me.

Where would I find the installation log?

I also received PM from Tao Wang about trying to manually install the drivers for it, but it is still not being detected in Eclipse.

My BIOS only has one entry for enabling vitalisation, I followed a suggestion to try disabling that , the theory he suggested is that it could be VT-d interfering with VT-x. I tried that and not the Processor identification utility is reporting support for VT-x, butHAXMis complaining about VT-x being disabled, not the previous error of the machine not supporting it.

Joshua

iliyapolak's picture

Maybe you should search for the log in installation directory.I would like to read the log because there is problem related to driver installation routine which fails with the error code 0x2 which could mean that system cannot find the specified file.

Can you post the info about your cpu?

Mohamed helmi b.'s picture

The best thing you can do to get HAXM detect VT again, is turning the whole Hyper-V "Feature" off. Open "Control Panel -> "Programs" -> "Turn Windows features on or off" (under "Programs and Features") and locate "Hyper-V", uncheck, reboot.

Looks like Hyper-V and HAXM are mutually exclusive, which is kind of a nuisance, because you even need to reboot twice to enable or disable either feature.

Mohamed helmi b.'s picture

The best thing you can do to get HAXM detect VT again, is turning the whole Hyper-V "Feature" off. Open "Control Panel -> "Programs" -> "Turn Windows features on or off" (under "Programs and Features") and locate "Hyper-V", uncheck, reboot.Looks like Hyper-V and HAXM are mutually exclusive, which is kind of a nuisance, because you even need to reboot twice to enable or disable either feature.

Login to leave a comment.