Intel SDK XE 2013 beta installation problems

Intel SDK XE 2013 beta installation problems

Hi,

I wanted to run some OpenCL sample examples on the Intel Xeon E5 server, so I downloaded Intel OpenCL SDK XE 2013 Beta. When I install the software their were some missing directories in opencl folder. 

/bin

/include

/libmic( I guess I might need that for Xeon Phi) which I am not worries about now

Is their a solution for it ? 

FYI: OS: RHEL 6.2

Thank you,
Sai. 

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Sai,

Could you please describe the way you installed the product? What output do you get if you run 'rpm -qa | grep opencl'? It should be:
opencl-1.2-intel-devel-3.0.56860-1.x86_64
opencl-1.2-devel-3.0.56860-1.x86_64
opencl-1.2-base-3.0.56860-1.x86_64
opencl-1.2-intel-cpu-3.0.56860-1.x86_64

I believe you want to build and run some OpenCL samples from sources (and not just run pre-compiled application), right?
So, the steps basically are:
- download intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_sdk_3.0.56860_x64.tgz archive
- untar it - 'tar xaf intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_sdk_3.0.56860_x64.tgz'
- cd to dir - 'cd intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_sdk_3.0.56860_x64'
- become root
- install all rpm packages either as './install.sh' or 'rpm -ivh *.rpm'

To check your installation compile and run some OpenCL sample.

Thanks,
Yuri

Hi Yuri,

When I search for opencl rpm's installed it shows me that base and cpu (last two displayed in your message) are available. The devel* packages are not installed. I see why it is not because the 2013 xe beta tar file I downloaded doesn't have them.  If possible can you please forward us to correct link where we obtain the missing packages.

Thank you,

Sai.

Hi Yuri,

A quick update, I downloaded different .tar file in my machine which is only host machine Intel Xeon specific driver which didn't contain the packages that I mentioned in my previous message. However, after I went to website again select SDK rather than driver it installed all the required files.

Thank you,

Sai.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today