sampling-interval knob with locksandwaits

sampling-interval knob with locksandwaits

Greg B.'s picture

Hi,

The VTune documentation http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/amplifierxe/lin/ug_docs/hh_goto.htm#GUID-274DDE84-C483-45A7-B10F-85BD30943EEB.htm lists sampling-interval as one of the knobs that can be used with -collect locksandwaits. However, the following command line:

amplxe-cl -collect locksandwaits -knob sampling-interval=1 -- myapp

produces output:

amplxe: Error: Cannot find knob sampling-interval. Use -knob-list to see available knobs.

I followed the error message advice and used -knob-list=locksandwaits to see available knobs. Only 1 knob was listed, enable-user-tasks.

So: The software says sampling-interval is not allowed with locksandwaits, but the documentation says it is allowed. Either there's a bug in the software or there's a bug in the documentation. Which is it?

Thanks,

Greg Bishop

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Peter Wang (Intel)'s picture

The problem can be reproduced on my side. But Concurrency and Hotspots worked.

I have escalated this problem to dev team, I will post update soon.

Peter Wang (Intel)'s picture

Option "sampling-interval" can only be used for hotspots collection and concurrency collection, Not for locksandwaits again in XE 2013 version - I know it worked for locksandwaits in XE 2011 version. The document will be updated in future release. 

Login to leave a comment.