Composer XE 2013 Screws Up Detected Dependencies for Win32 targeted builds (Bad Path Environment Variable)

Composer XE 2013 Screws Up Detected Dependencies for Win32 targeted builds (Bad Path Environment Variable)

Composer XE 2013 screws up the Detected Dependencies in Visual Studio 2008 Setup & Deployment Projects.  It chooses the redist\intel64 directory even if the project targets ia32.  I was able to fix the problem by editing the Path environment variable.

Originally (as configured by Composer XE 2013 installation):

%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32\compiler;

After I changed it:

%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\compiler;

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Mark,

>>...Composer XE 2013 screws up the Detected Dependencies in Visual Studio 2008 Setup & Deployment Projects. It chooses
>>the redist\intel64 directory even if the project targets ia32...

What update of Composer XE 2013 do you use?
Did you have that problem after installation Composer XE 2013? Please clarify.

I didn't see any problems with Composer XE 2013 ( Initial Release & Update 2 ) integrated with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition. I have 6 solutions ( 37 projects with 148 different configurations, like 32-bit, 64-bit, Windows Mobile ) and everything is working properly.

"What update of Composer XE 2013 do you use?" Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE 13.1.1.171 [IA-32]

"Did you have that problem after installation Composer XE 2013?" Yes

"Please clarify."  What don't you understand?

"I didn't see any problems with Composer XE 2013 ( Initial Release & Update 2 ) integrated with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition. I have 6 solutions ( 37 projects with 148 different configurations, like 32-bit, 64-bit, Windows Mobile ) and everything is working properly."  Do you use a setup and deployment project for any of your solutions?

>>...Do you use a setup and deployment project for any of your solutions?..

Yes.

I've upgraded to Visual Studio 2012 instead.  This was necessary in order to use new C+11 features such as those in <thread>.  Note that there is no longer a setup & deploy project option in VS2012, so this discussion is moot.

Login to leave a comment.