Congratulations to our new Intel Black Belt Developers, David and Ian!

Congratulations to our new Intel Black Belt Developers, David and Ian!

I am delighted to announce that David White and Ian Harvey are now "Intel Black Belt Software Developers", in recognition of their significant contributions to the Intel developer community. Please join me in congratulating them!

Steve - Intel Developer Support
16 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

David and Ian are FORTRAN community veterans; they joined IDZ in 2005 and 2008, respectively (it’s hard to imagine - but it’s true). Since then they contribute to the community on a very consistent basis, demonstrating outstanding technical skills and willingness to facilitate other IDZ members.

Thank you for your generous contribution to the community!

--Dmitry O.

Congratulations!

I received some useful hints and code from both, so they earned the black belt imho :-)

Is there still a chance Intel can recover my black belt points which were lost when the forum was revamped?

I am back at the foothills...onwards and upwards...

Anthony, I have put in a request on your behalf.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Anthony, the problem is I don't see your past contributions. Did you create a new profile last November? If so, could you please send me a private message with your previous email?

--Dmitry O.

Congratulations to David and Ian and many thanks for all their contributions.

Les

Congratulations to David and Ian and many thanks for all their contributions.

Les

Dmitry,

The problem with Anthony's points appears to be that his profile name (or its display name), changed from anthonyrichards to Anthony Richards. 

See, for example:

Intel® Visual Fortran Compiler for Windows* | Intel® Developer Zonesoftware.intel.com › ... › ForumsIntel® Software Development Products‎21 posts - 19 authorsby anthonyrichards. Thu, 07/07/2011 - 04:37. Normal topic, trouble with fpp by ggassmann » Mon, 10/31/2011 - 03:16, Mon, 10/31/2011 - 03:16, 3 ...

Hi everybody,

>>I am delighted to announce that David White and Ian Harvey are now "Intel Black Belt Software Developers", in recognition of
>>their significant contributions to the Intel developer community. Please join me in congratulating them!

David and Ian,

Thank you for all your efforts in solving different kinds of technical problems. Keep up working and I could only imaging how happy both of you!

Have a really good weekend.

Best regards,
Sergey

And one more thing...

Dmitry and Steve,

We've been talking about Intel Software for Intel Black Belt Software Developers for some time and my question is:

Is there any progress? Please let us know!

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations to David White and Ian Harvey!

I hope that Ian's sense of humor will continue to  illuminate us even under the shadow of the Intel Black Belt, and that David will continue his valuable and active participation in these forums.

My best wishes to both.

It is an honor to welcome both of you into our community.

Jim Dempsey

www.quickthreadprogramming.com

Hi all,

Congratulations to David White and Ian Harvey for being Intel Black Belt Software Developers. I'm sure they deserve it. Thanks for Intel for encouraging software developers and enriching Intel software products among users. I have two questions here. What does Black Belt winner get from Intel other than the belt ? What does Intel get from Black Belt winner other than their contributions to community?

Best regards all.

Prof. Dr. Said El Noshokaty

>>What does Black Belt winner get from Intel other than the belt ?

A notebook selected by a holder of the title. There are talks since September 2012 about giving Intel software however status of these talks are unknown ( at least to me ).

>>What does Intel get from Black Belt winner other than their contributions to community?

It is a support for free. How much does Intel save? I don't know but it saves a lot of time, resources, etc.

Congratulations to David and Ian for their phenomenal contribution to IDZ.

Best regards

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today