saving data files

saving data files

Hi, I'm writing a graphic program in fortran and I want a menu option that save me the informations of the figure that the user draw. Then I think to open a txt file and write into it informations. The program save by default the txt file in the same directory of the program, instead I want that the user can choose the directory where to save it. Is this possible? How can I do it?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Is this a QuickWin program (you mention 'menu' item...).
When building a name for your textfile, you can always add a full path to the folder to which you want to save it.
If the folder doesn't exist, you can create one using MAKEDIRQQ. You can changedirectory using CHANGEDIRQQ.

Look up the Windows API function GETSAVEFILENAME for opening a SaveAs common dialog box which allows you to navigate to the folder of choice and create one if required, returning a full-path filename for the file you want to save data to..

There is a Intel fortran sample showing how to use Windows API function GETSAVEFILENAME 

>>...The program save by default the txt file in the same directory of the program, instead I want that the user can choose
>>the directory where to save it. Is this possible?..

Yes and you need to initialize lpstrInitialDir member of OPENFILENAME structure passed to GetSaveFileName function.

thank you very much to everyone!

Login to leave a comment.