Problem with Post Editor related to 'Disable rich-text' and 'Enable rich-text' feature

Problem with Post Editor related to 'Disable rich-text' and 'Enable rich-text' feature

There is a problem with Post Editor related to 'Disable rich-text' and 'Enable rich-text' feature. Take a look at screenshot and it is very easy to reproduce the problem:

- Select a forum

- Select a thread

- Start switching 'Disable rich-text' and 'Enable rich-text' ( do this many times ) and you should see what happens

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Here is a screenshot:

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download posteditorproblem.jpg51.91 KB

Hi Sergey,

I could not duplicate this.  What browser and O/S are you using?

Regards, Hal G

Intel(R) Developer Zone Support

http://software.intel.com
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

>>...I could not duplicate this. What browser and O/S are you using?

I use three systems with WIndows 7 with IE version 9 ( 1 computer ) and Windows XP ( 2 computers ) with IE version 8. All Microsoft Updates are installed. I'll do another verification on all these systems and report back to you. Thanks, Hal.

>>>>...I could not duplicate this...
>>
>>... I'll do another verification on all these systems and report back to you...

I did several attempts to reproduce that problem in different IDZ Forums on two Windows platforms and using IE9 and IE8. Result? I could Not and it is very strange because there was a problem.

Hi Hal, If I experience that problem again I will report it. So far all my attempts to reproduce it failed.

>>...Hi Hal, If I experience that problem again I will report it. So far all my attempts to reproduce it failed.

I finally figured out why it happens and how that issue needs to be reproduced:

1. First of all, for the Toolbox Control displayed in the Editor some time is needed to load it completely

2. If during loading ( let's assume that the control is still Not displayed yet and it is still being loaded ) a user presses Disable rich-text then the controls' internal state will be "Inconsistent" with actual UI state. That is, the Toolbox Control is displayed but Enable rich-text is displayed as well (!)

3. Two Correct states for the control are as follows:

Toolbox Control displayed -> Disable rich-text displayed

Toolbox Control Not displayed -> Enable rich-text displayed

4. Two Incorrect state for the control are as follows:

Toolbox Control displayed -> Enable rich-text displayed - Note: This is what we're talking about (!)

Toolbox Control Not displayed -> Disable rich-text displayed

It is very hard to reproduce the problem with a high-speed Internet connection and you need to slow down the loading of web-pages by launching 20, 30, or even more Internet Explorers with some another web-pages and then to open some IDZ thread and, for example, to start editing some post.

Here are my recommendation for IDZ web-developers: Do not display Disable rich-text web-link or set it Disabled until Toolbox Control is loaded completely. As soon as Toolbox Control is loaded completely then display Disable rich-text web-link or set it Enabled.

Hi Sergey,

I have reported this to our development people and will keep you informed of updates.

For tracking purposes this is ticket 13398

Regards, Hal G

Hi Sergey,

Is this resolved for you?

Regards, Hal G

>>...Is this resolved for you?

Hi Hal, I didn't see the problem with all my recent posts . Thanks for the follow up.

Login to leave a comment.