Additional details are needed: Is an Internet connection required to use Beacon Mountain?

Additional details are needed: Is an Internet connection required to use Beacon Mountain?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

>>FAQ question: Is an Internet connection required to use Beacon Mountain?
>>FAQ answer: Yes. If you have proxy settings, you need to set them first as well.

Here is my question:

Do you mean the Internet connection is needed always during a development of an Android application, or just to install Beacon Mountain on a host system?

Thanks in advance.

Internet connectivity is required for installation.  It is not required for app development.

>>...Internet connectivity is required for installation. It is not required for app development.

This is exactly what I wanted to understand. Thank you, Judi.

You know that all major Android software packages are available in Android SDK Manager. I wonder if installation and updates for Beacon Mountain could be done with Android SDK Manager?

Hi Sergey,

You bring up a valid point.  We recognize the need for providing updates to Beacon Mountain, and are looking into how to best provide these updates.   

-Chuck

Hi Chuck,

>>...We recognize the need for providing updates to Beacon Mountain, and are looking into how to best provide these updates...

Please consider three options ( I think these are regular and could be considered as the Software Industry standard ):

- Enabled - Automatic ( some software subsystem verifies that Internet connection is available and Updates BM software )
- Enabled - On Demand ( a software developer updates when needed / of course, the Internet connection should be available during updates )
- Disabled ( No any verifications )

Login to leave a comment.