Side by Side Intel 12 and Intel 13 with VS2010

Side by Side Intel 12 and Intel 13 with VS2010

I have a machine which has Visual Studio 2010 and Intel Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.1.6 installed.

I then installed Visual tudio 2012 and Intel Visual Fortran Compiler XE 13.1.3 on the same machine. In the process of the latter, the compiler setting for VS2010 was changed to use <latest>, being Intel 13.1. I changed the settings in the Tools - Options - Intel Composer XE - Visual Fortran - Compilers back to version 12.1.6.

But using C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe from within a Team Foundation Server build I am getting the following errors:

Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 10.0.40219.1.

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.

Package 'Intel.Fortran.IFLangService.IFLangServicePackage, IFLangService, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' failed to load.

I guess it is something to do with the mixed configuration? Any ideas?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

No, that shouldn't be a problem. There really is only one integration. Try the "Repair" step at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/troubleshooting-fortran-integra...

Steve

Steve, I have tried the repair action on both VS2012 and VS2010 and I am still getting the same errors when running VS2010 through TFS builds. I have not rebooted the machine in question or restarted the bulld agent. I will try that when it is convienient and get back to you.

Try this then.  Uninstall the 2013 version. Delete the Intel Fortran subfolder under Visual Studio 10 and Visual Studio 11. Reinstall the 2013 version.

Steve

Will I still be able to use Intel Fortran XE 2011 (12.1) with VS2010 if I do that? Or will I need to re-install that version of the compiler as well?

Yes, you will.

Steve

Unfortnately, I still get the same problem.

I uninstalled Intel 13. The Intel Fortran directories were removed from VS10.0 and VS11.0 by the uninstall, so I re-installed Intel 13.

Running a further build through TFS generates the same errors. The message is generated 5 times, if that helps?

Sorry.

Do you get errors if you start Visual Studio interactively? Does IVF work ok in that environment? It could be something peculiar to starting a build from the command line. What is the exact command issued?

Steve

The command is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Comon7\IDE\devenv.com "D:\TFS\ccbuild\current\Pipesim\project\pipesim.sln" /Rebuild "Programs|Win32" /Out \\163.185.8.7\Pipesim\ROLLING\Pipesim_current_219\PC_TFSOPT_2014.1.219.33381\logs\pipesimProgramsWin32.log

but if I issue it from a Administrator Comand Prompt it does not give the errors. The errors only occur when issuing the command from within a TFS build environment, where they are written to the TFS log file and cause the build to have errors, but fortunately NOT fail.

Does that help?

FWIW that error message is not uncommon when doing command line builds using some build systems.   I'd always assumed it was normal.  For example, when rebuilding hdf5 using cmake recently at an ifort intel64 command prompt, on a machine that has ifort 13.1.3 (and never any other versions) installed.

H:Projectshdf5-1.8.11build-x64>"C:Program Files (x86)CMake 2.8bincmake.exe" --build . --config Debug
Microsoft (R) Visual Studio Version 10.0.40219.1.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp. All rights reserved.
Package 'Intel.Fortran.IFLangService.IFLangServicePackage, IFLangService, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyTo
ken=null' failed to load.

(Is it the same issue as discussed here?)

Yes, I believe it is the same problems as discussed in the IFLangServicePackage thread. I will switch my response there, to keep things in the same place. Thanks

Login to leave a comment.