Fatal error LNK1104

Fatal error LNK1104

Carlos M.'s picture

I just migrated to IVF XE 2013 from ABSOFT Fortran. When I compiled my code I got a fatal error

FATAL ERROR LNK1104: cannot open file ‘ libmmt.lib’

I understand that library is for C++ multithread

My code does not have any C/C++ call or library or uses multithread 

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

You're thinking of libcmt.lib. libmmt.lib is the math library. Also, even if you aren't using threading, all the libraries are thread-safe, hence the "mt" in most of their names.

Are you building from the command line or from Visual Studio? If from the command line, how did you start the command prompt session and how did you make the "ifort" command available? Please show a log of the complete command session. If you're using Visual Studio, please attach a ZIP of the buildlog.htm from the Debug or Release subfolder of your project.

Steve
Carlos M.'s picture

I am building from visual studio 2008.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download buildlog.zip2.93 KB
Steve Lionel (Intel)'s picture

Thanks for the log - that's very helpful. Would you please check to see if C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\compiler\lib\ia32\libmmt.lib exists? It should be there along with the other libraries that the linker did find. I think at this point I would suggest uninstalling Intel Fortran and reinstalling and make sure that the library gets put in that folder. I'd also suggest, especially as you are a new customer. that you download and install the latest update as the one you have is about a year old now. Log in to https://registrationcenter.intel.com/ and get the latest update. Let me know if you have questions.

Steve

Login to leave a comment.