Face recognition on Stored video

Face recognition on Stored video

Hello,

I am trying to write one sample for face recognition on stored video but it is not working for me. I have also checked sample application (face_tracking.cs_vs2010-12) with playback mode but no hope. Internally UtilMCaptureFile throws NullReferenceException. 

capture = new UtilMCaptureFile(session, form.GetPlaybackFile(), false);

It is also not working with simple pipeline. Let me know if this works for anyone else. Or am i missing something. My stored file extension is MP4. I have downloaded one video from youtube.

Thanks Amit Gajjar
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The video format stored by PerC SDK is different with MP4. You can not use PerC SDK application to play MP4 file.

Ok, So i need to process on only PerC captured videos only. But when i am trying to store PerC video it's size is very high even for 5-10 minutes. If i am storing PerC videos into my computer it exceed to >500 MBs. Any solution to optimize size of the captured images ? 

Thanks Amit Gajjar

Amit, the video file is pretty big. Typically we only use this file for debug/demo purpose. You can use face recognition on store video(this can be MP4, MP2....), but you need convert to PXCImage format before you can use our face recognition algorithm. I recommend you take a look at face recognition sample and you will find the solution. 

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. 

It would be great if you can provide some sample.

Regards - Amit Gajjar

Thanks Amit Gajjar

Hi David,

Can you give me any sample code to convert Bitmap image into PXCMImage ? i have checked face recognization algorithm but couldnt find any fruitfull. I am looking for code in C#. I can convert PXCMImage into Bitmap but do not have idea about oppisite.

Thanks Amit Gajjar

I need some help with this too, There doesn't seem to be a way. Can you shed some light on this matter please?

Thank you!

Login to leave a comment.