Where is perf command?

Where is perf command?

I update mpss form 2.1 to 3.1. But I cannot find perf command.

How can I do the same things as perf.

Any help will be appreciated.

-GHui

--GHui
8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi GHui,

I am not sure if I understand your question. It seems like you was able to find the "perf command" in MPSS 2.1 but not in MPSS 3.1 . What is the "perf command" and where I can find it in MPSS 2.1?

Thanks.

Hi GHui,

Found the command "/usr/bin/perf" in mic0 after "ssh" to mic0. I confirm that this command is found in MPSS 2.1, but not in MPSS 3.1. We are inquiring what what happens to this command in MPSS 3.1. We will update you on this issue.

Thank you.

Hi, loc-nguyen

Is there any news?

Thank you.

--GHui

Hi - we filed an issue with the MPSS development team to find out what happened  (and we concur that there isn't anything that quite comes close to this functionality....Intel VTune amplifier does to some extent, but not comprehensively).   We are waiting to hear back and will let you know what transpires -- as soon as we get the news....  thank you for flagging this issue

Hi,

I've installed MPSS 3.2 on two of our cards, and still can't find linux perf anywhere ($ find / -name perf, yields nothing). Can you make a status update on this issue please?

Thanks

Hi Aram,

I believe this package is inside the "Software for Coprocessor OS (mpss-3.2-k1om.tar)" file that is offered with MPSS 3.2 (but is supplemental) 

you will see it listed on the MPSS page - at http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-manycore-platform-softwar... 

download and install that tarball - please let us know if you run into any issues

thanks

Oh right, thank you Belinda,

I've just installed perf and other goodies from that package. It has a big collection of software too. Impressive!

Best Regards,

Aram

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today