Which is the best OS for gaming?

Which is the best OS for gaming?

I have planning to buy a dell alienwire laptop mainly to play games. What OS should I go for. Should I go for windows7 or windows8 ?

Jessie Parker www.printingperiod.co.uk
10 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Take into account that Windows 7 will be supported by Microsoft for a couple of more years and if you plan to have the laptop for as longer as possible ( let's say 10 years, or so ) then Windows 8 is the best option.

If the laptop doesn't have touch-screen hardware, there's not so much reason to choose Windows 8 at this time.  Presumably, any Windows games which use touch-screen would support Windows 8 and 8.1.

valerie's picture

Well, for me it doesn't matter whether you choose windows 7 or 8. What matter most is your processor and graphic video in choosing gaming laptop.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.

Jessie Parker www.printingperiod.co.uk
Adrian Stevens's picture

I'd definitely go with Windows 8.  Microsoft did a lot of work optimizing performance and memory footprint over Windows 7.

http://www.themethodology.net http://www.vancouvermobile.net
iliyapolak's picture

Windows 8 UI  more heavily loads GPU in such a case GPU related rendering of UI is done by round-robin like rendering offload to GPU.I am not sure how this will affect the game playing when the game threads are those which are running in the foreground thus probably receiving more CPU and GPU time.

>>Windows 8 UI more heavily loads GPU in such a case GPU related rendering of UI is done by round-robin
>>like rendering offload to GPU.I am not sure how this will affect the game playing when the game threads are
>>those which are running in the foreground thus probably receiving more CPU and GPU time.

I think Jessie is not interested in such deep technical details. Anyway, thanks for explaining.

iliyapolak's picture

Tell you the truth I stopped playing computer games seven years ago.

ahqaf IT's picture

If you want to use laptop then i think you should choose windows8.

Login to leave a comment.