trouble installing MPSS-3.1.1

trouble installing MPSS-3.1.1

I follow the chapter 2.3 (steps to install  Intel MPSS with OFED support with mellanox* infiniband )of MPSS_Users_Guide.pdf to install MPSS. on the step 5, I get the following errors:

warning: dapl-2.0.36.12-r0.glibc2.12.2.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID ab22bbe5: NOKEY

warning: libibscif-3.1.1-r0.glibc2.12.2.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 25a28f50: NOKEY

warning: ofed-all-3.1.1-1.glibc2.12.2.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 8ca98407: NOKEY

warning: ofed-driver-dev-2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64-3.1.1-1.el6.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 20987410: NOKEY

warning: ofed-ibpd-3.1.1-r0.glibc2.12.2.x86_64.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 5663248e: NOKEY

error: Failed dependencies:
        dapl = 2.0.34-1 is needed by (installed) dapl-utils-2.0.34-1.x86_64

How can I do ?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Is this the first time you have installed OFED support for the coprocessor? If so, then the existence of dapl-utils-2.0.34-1.x86_64 suggests to me that you have a copy of dapl-utils left over from your initial host operating system install - whatever that may be.

Try this - sudo rpm -e kernel-ib-devel kernel-ib; sudo rpm -e {dapl,dapl-{devel,devel-static,utils}}

Then repeat steps 4 and 5. (FYI, for step 4, you can find a copy of the responses to the configuration questions in section 20.4. You don't actually need it but if you want to double check, it is there - and we need to add a note to that effect in step 4.)

If this works, I will put in a change request for the documentation. If it doesn't work, we can look at the problem some more.

Quote:

Frances Roth (Intel) wrote:

Is this the first time you have installed OFED support for the coprocessor? If so, then the existence of dapl-utils-2.0.34-1.x86_64 suggests to me that you have a copy of dapl-utils left over from your initial host operating system install - whatever that may be.

Try this - sudo rpm -e kernel-ib-devel kernel-ib; sudo rpm -e {dapl,dapl-{devel,devel-static,utils}}

Then repeat steps 4 and 5. (FYI, for step 4, you can find a copy of the responses to the configuration questions in section 20.4. You don't actually need it but if you want to double check, it is there - and we need to add a note to that effect in step 4.)

If this works, I will put in a change request for the documentation. If it doesn't work, we can look at the problem some more.

Thanks for your help. I do it correctly following your suggestion. I have a new question. when I install OFED-1.5.4.1 on another machine, I get some errors on step 4, as follow:  

Failed to build ibutils RPM 

See /tmp/OFED.108381.logs/ibutils.rpmbuild.log

the warning  of The file ibutils.rpmbuild.log  : 

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.6/libstdc++.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
2151 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
2152 make[3]: *** [libibdmcom.la] Error 1
2153 make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/OFED_topdir/BUILD/ibutils-1.5.7/ibdm/ibdm'
2154 make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
2155 make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/OFED_topdir/BUILD/ibutils-1.5.7/ibdm'
2156 make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
2157 make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/OFED_topdir/BUILD/ibutils-1.5.7/ibdm'
2158 make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
2159 error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.0hWo1e (%build)
2162 RPM build errors:
2163     user vlad does not exist - using root
2164     group vlad does not exist - using root
2165     user vlad does not exist - using root
2166     group vlad does not exist - using root
2167     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.0hWo1e (%build)

I need which packages to be installed, or others???(I have installed ibutils packages, but it does't work.) Thanks.

Attachments: 

AttachmentSize
Download ibutils.rpmbuild_2.txt193.97 KB

I'm not sure exactly where the problem starts. There are quite a few warnings and errors in the build log you attached to your post. The thing that finally causes the make to die is that it tried to use libstdc++.a to make a relocatable library rather than using libstdc++.so. Is there a /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.6/libstdc++.so on your system? Earlier in the file it says that /lib64/libstdc++.so is incompatible and that it is not going to use that file.

Perhaps someone else has run into this and can point out the cause of the problem. Otherwise, you might compare the log file from the machine where the build worked with the log file you attached here and see what the differences are, especially when it goes through the configuration section.

I have been thinking some more about this and wonder if the libstdc++.so installed on the system that was having problems building was from the libstdc++-devel package. If it wasn't, that could well have been the problem.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today