Intel® Media SDK 2014 is now available for download.
For details please refer to the release notes: http://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/mediasdk_release_notes.pdf
Intel® Media SDK 2014 introduces API version 1.8, which is backwards compatible with previous API versions. Below is a list of new feature highlights:
- User plug-in API has been extended to provide greater flexibility, specialized for Decode, Encode and VPP, to provide ease of use interfaces for integration of user-defined functions into Intel Media SDK pipelines.
- Manual control of VPP de-interlacing algorithm (BOB or advanced)
- Several new encoder options are exposed via mfxExtCodingOption2 structure, such as BRefType
- A few new encoder rate control modes were added, such as ICQ and VCM
- Introducing new Intel Media SDK Audio Library supporting mp3 and AAC codecs. For more info about this library please refer to the Intel Media Solutions Portal: http://software.intel.com/en-us/media-solutions-portal
- The new release also introduces support for media container muxing and demuxing(split). Container formats: MPEG TS and MPEG-4 are supported
- Also available from the Intel Media Solutions Portal are HEVC software decode and encode plug-ins
Note that the new SDK uses a brand new package structure. Samples are now distributed separately from the main package as standalone sample packages. More info about sample enhancements can be found here:
Please also refer to the Media SDK Developer Guide for common topics related to usage of the SDK.
The Media SDK Product Team