Hello guys! This is my first post here so apologies so far.
Recently I've started studying MIC but there as some things that I just can't understand and are necessary for my further understanding.
Here are some questions that I'll be more than glad if you explain them to me :)
- What are those pragmas? Is that unique of Intel's? Is there any in depth explanation about them?
- I have an application where I have to use *MPI (communication between nodes), *OpenMP (multicore) and the use of coprocessors.
* I've found out that MPI is used on the coprocessors as well (don't know if they are the same), just as OpenMP. I suppose that there are some
Intel Libraries that are responsible for each one of them (all I know is that MIC programs the coprocessors).
- Is there different pragmas for Intel MPI, OpenMP and MIC? Question below continue (I think they are related because what I'm figuring in my mid is some pragmas that calls MPI and other pragmas that calls OpenMP or MIC on the same code).
- How am I supposed to compile all that? I noticed that exists mpicc micc icc... How am I supposed to deal with all that? Some example are helpful.
Last thing that could help me the most:
Is there any example code that uses each of these solutions (mpi, openmp, mic) or all of them together because I couldn't find much of it with explanations. For example : Pragmas. They just put it on their code but they don't explain why and they don't the whole pragmas options.