Status of some old issues

Status of some old issues

I have a few issues that are well over a year old and are still present in 14.0.2.  Can you update me on their status and when you plan to roll out a fix?  The IDs are: DPD200237118, DPD200237122, and DPD200237442.  Thanks!

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

I'll check on these tomorrow.

Steve Intel Developer Support

DPD200237118 - Still under investigation - I have asked for a status update

DPD200237122 - This issue was closed as a user error, as explained in the thread, but I see Annalee thinks there is still a bug in a variant of the code. I will have to check to see what happened to that

DPD200237442 - This is assigned but not yet worked on - it is asking for diagnosis of a programming error. While this is indeed important, it necessarily gets lower priority than errors involving correct code.

The issue Annalee filed is DPD200237400 relating to using a function reference in a SELECT TYPE - this has been fixed for a release later this year.

Thanks for the updates Steve.

With regard to DPD200237122/400, Annalee was wrong about the supposed error in my original example (which I believe I convinced her of in the long thread that followed).  The 400 report arose from her "fixed" example that included a "bind(c)" attribute.  I'm concerned that whatever was fixed for a release later this year didn't actually address my problem.  My original example actually did have a non-conforming bit in it (not caught by the compiler) that was orthogonal to the problem I was illustrating,  I attached a fixed example later on in the thread (intel-bug-20121007-fixed.txt).  I'd appreciate it the compiler fix was tested against that example.   BTW the thread was http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/328708

Well, the developers thought it was wrong too, but they have been known to be, um, mistaken. I'll take a closer look at this myself as soon as I can.

Login to leave a comment.