arch: Undefined variable message

arch: Undefined variable message

I am running Intel Fortran Composer XE for Linux 2013 SP1 Update 2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5.  When I execute the following command:

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.csh intel64

I get the error: "arch: Undefined variable".  Any idea what is causing this error?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

There is a bug in the ippvars.csh distributed with CXE 2013 SP1 Update 2.

The script fails to properly initialize variable “arch” with the value of the first incoming argument; therefore, it leads to the error you noted for use on subsequent lines when the test at line 38 (originally line 37) shown below fails.

For now, if you have root access (if not please ask your sys-admin), modify the ippvar.csh script and add line 37 noted below to set the “arch” variable to the value of the first incoming argument.

37    set arch="$1"
     38    if ( "$1" == "ia32_intel64" ) then
     39     setenv arch intel64
     40    endif

I reported this defect to the IPP development team to be addressed in the next update.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

(Internal tracking id: DPD200253488)

(Resolution Update on 05/30/2014): This defect is fixed in the Intel® C++ Composer XE 2013 SP1 Update 3 release (Version 14.0.3.174 Build 20140422 - Linux)

This defect is fixed in the Intel® C++ Composer XE 2013 SP1 Update 3 Release (Version 14.0.3.174 Build 20140422 - Linux) now available from our Intel Registration Center.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today