Error 1 fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'uuid.lib' LINK

Hello All

I have been running VS 2008 shell for IVF (Intel Parallel Studio XE 2011) since late 2013. Yesterday, when I cleaned & compiled a project that compiled fine last week, I saw the following error message:

I found some information at http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/278512, but could not resolve the problem. Specifically, I found the Windows SDK is installed  in C:\Program Files (X86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\, but could not find UUID.LIB in any of the subfolders.

***  Note: there is NO C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs ***

Some background:

Last week I additionally installed VS Professional for some C/C++ projects. Since then, I have successfully compiled both my C/C++ project as well as my IVF project. I do not remember if I restarted my machine immediately after the VS Pro 2012 installation, but yesterday morning I recieved a message stating that some recently installed software required a restart, which I accomplished shortly thereafter. So I wonder whether the install of VS Pro 2012 caused the install of VS 2008 shell for IVF to become corrupted.

FWIW, at this point I do not want to to make VS Pro 2012 work for my IVF project.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Andy

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

P.S.

I have already re-installed VS 2008, to no avail.

The installation of VS2012 changed the registry settings for the location of the Windows SDK. I suggest you search your system for where uuid.lib can be found - I am not sure where the VS08 Shell install puts it, I don't have that version on my system. Once you find the path you can add it to the Tools > Options > Intel Visual Fortran > Compiler > Library Files setting.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today