How to determine the voltage of a SD card?

How to determine the voltage of a SD card?

Base on the ESDC 2014 Platform Overview, the platform only support 3.3V SD card, and the 1.8V SD card will damage the board.

But I can not the voltage information from product and Amazon. Even the office site does not provide the info.

How can I determine the voltage of a SD card?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

According to wikipedia:

"All SD card families initially use a 3.3 volt electrical interface. On command, SDHC and SDXC cards switch to 1.8-volt operation."

Quote:

windwood wrote:

Base on the ESDC 2014 Platform Overview, the platform only support 3.3V SD card, and the 1.8V SD card will damage the board.

But I can not the voltage information from product and Amazon. Even the office site does not provide the info.

How can I determine the voltage of a SD card?

That means every SD card could be inserted into the platform? But the training warning us not to buy a 1.8V SD card?

Quote:

Pluto wrote:

According to wikipedia:

"All SD card families initially use a 3.3 volt electrical interface. On command, SDHC and SDXC cards switch to 1.8-volt operation."

Quote:

windwood wrote:

Base on the ESDC 2014 Platform Overview, the platform only support 3.3V SD card, and the 1.8V SD card will damage the board.

But I can not the voltage information from product and Amazon. Even the office site does not provide the info.

How can I determine the voltage of a SD card?

 

I can't find this warning.

I think any SD card below 32GB will work, just don't try to switch to 1.8V operation.

You'd better wait for JWIPC's confirmation to be safe.

Quote:

windwood wrote:

That means every SD card could be inserted into the platform? But the training warning us not to buy a 1.8V SD card?

Our main board just supply 3.3V voltage to SD card, do not support 3.3V switch to 1.8V function,so please use the standard SD card on the board and do not switch 3.3V to 1.8V. --------JWIPC

Login to leave a comment.