Galileo question

Galileo question

hi

on the Arduino IDE, I  call  digitalWrite(7,HIGH),  it  take  2.2 ms,   I want to know why it spend so much time;

Thanks

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

As far as I know, it is not the direct I/O. the signal is bypassing via I2C bus.

BTW: how do you measure the 2.2 ms ?

this is my measure code       void setup() {  pinMode(7, OUTPUT);}    void loop() {  digitalWrite(7,LOW);   digitalWrite(7,HIGH);}

I use  oscilloscope to measure this pin.  this pin's state spend 2.2ms change a time 

It is really a little slow for I/O. especially for real-time control.

how can I use the I/O as deirect I/O? 

thanks

can we change the I/O speed by setting the GPIO bus?    

I don't find the GPIO bus in the datasheet

help me

thanks

you can try to set GPIO in the Linux kernel to see if it is still so slow.

Yeah look into linux kernal and try to direct control GPIO

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today