Change in game status

Change in game status

Lorenzo K.'s picture

What if I submit my game as a demo today, but before the deadline, I release the game? Will that disqualify my demo for the contest?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Mitchell Lum (Intel)'s picture

Right after the contest deadline we go and check if the game is for sale.  Strictly speaking the rules state something along the lines of it cannot be for sale at the time of submission, but I would encourage folks to be on the safe side and just hold off and do a post-June 2 launch date.  If you really can't wait, document clearly when you submit and when you launch in case there's a question.

Mind my asking where you're planning on being for sale?  Launching on your own site? Steam? Other?

~Mitch

Hi,

I'm planning on releasing my game in two weeks for mobile devices. It is a multi-platform game that makes use of touch screens, so it would be also interesting for a 2 in 1 device. Would releasing it for mobile affect the eligibility for the contest?

Cheers,

Mitchell Lum (Intel)'s picture

Sebastian,

As long as it's not released on PC you're good to go.  Out of curiosity, what platforms/OS's is your mobile version releasing on?

~Mitch

I will release it first on Android (Google Play, Amazon), followed shortly by iOS and later Windows Phone. After that, maybe Humble Store. The game is also in Steam Greenlight, but not gaining too much traction yet.

Cheers,

PD: Sorry if this might appear more than once, I'm having problems logging in and posting comments, specially when I do it from different computers.

Login to leave a comment.