Missing symbols in Android

Missing symbols in Android

Good afternoon.

I'm linking some libs we are developing for Android with libimf.a but I'm getting these errors:

/home/public/projects/android/ndk-linux-r9d-standalone/api-9/x86/bin/i686-linux-android-c++  -I../../../include -I../../../../fn/include  -I../../../../img/include -I../../../../comm/include  -DHAVE_PTHREADS -DIPP -D_REENTRANT -D__EXTENSIONS__ -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -I/home/public/projects/android/ipp-8.1.0.003/include -ffor-scope -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -fstrict-aliasing -Woverloaded-virtual    -fPIC -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fexceptions -fsigned-char  -O3 -fdiagnostics-show-option -fomit-frame-pointer  android/gcc/i686/imagerotation.o ../../../../fn/lib/android/gcc/i686/libfn.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/cryptopp-5.6.2/lib/ndk-r9d/android/gcc/i686/libcrypt.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libippi.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libipps.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libippcore.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libimf.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libirc.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/LibJPEG-90/lib/ndk-r9d/android/gcc/i686/libjpeg.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/LibPNG-1.5.12/lib/ndk-r9d/android/gcc-4.8/i686/libpng.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/CharLS-82415/lib/ndk-r9d/android/gcc/i686/libCharLS.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/LibJASPER-1.900.1/lib/ndk-r9d/android/gcc/i686/libjasper.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/LibTIFF-4.0.2/lib/ndk-r9d/android/gcc/i686/libtiff.a /home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ZLib-1.2.7/lib/ndk-r9d/android/gcc/i686/libz.a   -o android/gcc/i686/imagerotation  -Wl,--gc-sections   -lm -ldl -lgnustl_shared

/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libimf.a(libm_error.o):real/libm_error.c:function write_message: error: undefined reference to 'catgets'
/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libimf.a(libm_error.o):real/libm_error.c:function write_message: error: undefined reference to 'stderr'
/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libimf.a(libm_error.o):real/libm_error.c:function write_message: error: undefined reference to 'catopen'
/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libimf.a(libm_error.o):real/libm_error.c:function write_message: error: undefined reference to 'catopen'
/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libimf.a(libm_error.o):real/libm_error.c:function write_message: error: undefined reference to 'stderr'
/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libimf.a(libm_error.o):real/libm_error.c:function __libm_error_support: error: undefined reference to '__errno_location'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

As far as I know __errno_location doesn't even belong to Android. Adding a cxx-stl/llvm-libc++/libs/x86/libc++_static.a I can get rid of the catgets and catopen errors, but stderr remains and I haven't found an Android lib containing it, as opposed to the libc linux libs.

Compilation chain uses the same include/libpath, despite it should be irrelevant as the problem comes from libimf.a. I'm using a single function from ippi (ippiRotate_32f_C1R), so I'm including #include <ippi.h> in the source. Trying to link without libimf would deal into:

/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libippi.a(pirotate_g9---ownpi_Rotate.o):pirotate_g9---ownpi_Rotate.i:function g9_ownpi_Rotate: error: undefined reference to '__libm_sse2_sincos'
/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libippi.a(pirotate_w7---ownpi_Rotate.o):pirotate_w7---ownpi_Rotate.i:function w7_ownpi_Rotate: error: undefined reference to '__libm_sse2_sincos'
/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libippi.a(pirotate_s8---ownpi_Rotate.o):pirotate_s8---ownpi_Rotate.i:function s8_ownpi_Rotate: error: undefined reference to '__libm_sse2_sincos'
/home/public/projects/android/3rd-party/ipp-8.1.0.003/lib/i686/libippi.a(pirotate_h9---ownpi_Rotate.o):pirotate_h9---ownpi_Rotate.i:function h9_ownpi_Rotate: error: undefined reference to '__libm_sse2_sincos'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug in the ipp support in Android?

All the best,

Alejandro.

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Alejandro,

I suggest you to update IPP 8.1 to IPP 8.1.1 - we removed dependances on Intel compiler runtime.

Pavel

That made the trick.

Is Intel releasing different RC for each compiler and architecture or only per architecture and including ICC symbols was accidental?

I'm sorry I don't have information about Intel compiler for Android, I'm working for IPP project :-)

By the way you can try to resolve all undefined symbols by using libstlport library, you can find it in the NDK: sources/cxx-stl/stlport/libs folder.

Pavel

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today