Creating a geofence app

Creating a geofence app

Hello,

I have a question: Has anyone already tried to use the example on this page?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/implementing-map-and-geofence-features-in-android-business-apps#abs

They use there the menu option "Location and Geofences" for this. So, as I understand it, the user has first to choose this menu options and only then s/he is able to receive notifications. Is this right? But I thought with a geofence app the user gets AUTOMATICALLY notifications when s/he enters the geofence region. And what is when the user has NOT activated GPS? What do you think? Could you please clarify this for me?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Albert

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Is here really nobody who works with XDK and used the Geofence feature? Please answer. Thanks!

JudLup Luna's picture

Nice input friend!

JudLup Luna

Hi,

perhaps I'm luckier during Christmas time that someone has time for an answer.

Nevertheless I wish all of you Merry Christmas and that all of your dreams come true in the New Year.

Albert

Albert,

I'm also interested in getting an answer to your question, i also need to work with Geofences.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year

Albert,

I'm also interested in getting an answer to your question, i also need to work with Geofences.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year

Login to leave a comment.