bash intel linux setup

bash intel linux setup

Dear intel linux user,

The fortran ifort does not work on my bash. 

As I usually do in my ubuntu, I have opened the bash.bashrc file and I have put the following line:

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
source /opt/intel/mkl/bin/mklvars.sh intel64 mod lp64
export PATH

The problem is that the ifort does not work. I have already tried to restart ubuntu.

The is the message:

ifort: command not found

What do you think the problem could be?

thanks a lot

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Could you try the settings individually on command line to see where it goes wrong?
If the first source command works, possibly a later one is breaking it. If not, possibly you don't have a working symlink in /opt/intel/bin. I usually run find in /opt/intel to see which compilervars.sh I will require.

Dear Tim, Dear intel linux user,

I find the error, it was an ubuntu error. Ubuntu 14.04 needs to shut down to have the new bash configuration, the only restart is not enough.

Thanks a lot

dear intel user,

now I have this error in "Checking the prerequisites"

/tmp/install.SScuJX/li_gen_bash.SMDhGI: 2358: local: intel-vtune-amplifier-xe-doc-243421-13.1-0.noarch: bad variable name
/tmp/install.SScuJX/li_gen_bash.SMDhGI: 2358: local: intel-vtune-amplifier-xe-doc-243421-13.1-0.noarch: bad variable name
/tmp/install.SScuJX/li_gen_bash.vMpReZ: 2358: local: intel-inspector-xe-cli-242865-13.1-0.x86_64: bad variable name
/tmp/install.SScuJX/li_gen_bash.vMpReZ: 2358: local: intel-inspector-xe-cli-242865-13.1-0.x86_64: bad variable name
/tmp/install.SScuJX/li_gen_bash.B7jElM: 2358: local: intel-advisor-xe-cli-242805-13.1-0.x86_64: bad variable name
/tmp/install.SScuJX/li_gen_bash.B7jElM: 2358: local: intel-advisor-xe-cli-242805-13.1-0.x86_64: bad variable name

What can I do to fix it?

Diego

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today