error: ifort not found in PATH when using abaqus in ubuntu

error: ifort not found in PATH when using abaqus in ubuntu

Hi dear all

When I trying to use a subroutine in Abaqus(6.11.3) error occurs: Problem during compilation: ifort not found in path.

I tried the intel fortran 2011 & 2013, this error is always there. and I had already modified the .bashrc by adding the "export path=******"..

Please help me 

Thanks and wish you all a nice day.

Regards

Haiyang

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Did you try sourceing the compilervars script, as recommended? Try first from command line shell, to be sure you have the right command, before putting in .bashrc
Try doing it specifically the way Abaqus recommends, if they provide instructions. Do they support Ubuntu?

Quote:

Tim Prince wrote:

Did you try sourceing the compilervars script, as recommended? Try first from command line shell, to be sure you have the right command, before putting in .bashrc
Try doing it specifically the way Abaqus recommends, if they provide instructions. Do they support Ubuntu?

Hi Tim 

Thanks for your reply . I have tried sourcing the compilervars and after that I modified the .bashrc..and still not working.

I am wondering if the abaqus 6.11 could work with fortran 12.1. so I am going to try the abaqus 6.13

I will let your know if it works.

Thanks again. 

Regards

Haiyang

I agree that it would be desirable to have a version of Abaqus which works with ifort 12.1 or newer as such ifort versions have improved support for Ubuntu.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today