Phishing when trying to download Fortran compiler

Phishing when trying to download Fortran compiler

I got a message about your newest Fortran package, so I went to the Web site.

When I clicked on that, I got all kinds of "download manager" stuff, which was blocked by my Avast anti-virus.

Is there any way to avoid those?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.
Best Reply

Looks like you have findwide or other adware browser plugin. Remove or disable suspect plugins in your browser setup or  (if not using windows firewall) use opera.

I am having problems due to Java Script issues.  Chrome reports that Java is out of date.  IE does not show the pop-up.  The consequence for either is that the download manager fails to initialize and finish allocating the space for the file, and so the download never starts.

As this is a managed client machine, I have no control over the version of Java installed.

David

Log in to the Intel Registration Center and download the update from there - not using the download manager.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

I cannot download either using or not using the download manager.  I have reported it to Premier Support.

It is unclear what is happening - no error message displayed (or perhaps blocked or hidden), and no progress on the download.

Thanks,

David

Quote:

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

Log in to the Intel Registration Center and download the update from there - not using the download manager.

download manager seems to be the best way, particularly on windows.   Download site is performing much better now than in the past, getting on the order of 900Kb/s.

Yesterday it took me more about three hours to download the C/C++ update (1,5 GB, around 50 kbyte/s). I think everybody who received the notification mail must have started the download rightaway.

Even for me downloading has been slow. We are using a well-known content delivery network but it takes some initial downloads around the globe to "seed" the servers. I like to use the download manager DownThemAll in Firefox, which uses four parallel connections, though I think the Java-based one at the Intel Registration Center also uses multiple connections. If you download through the Intel Software Manager, it uses a single connection only.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

It appears that our problems may be associated with using Trustwave.

It is not clear whether Trustwave is blocking the site (no errors appear), or is waiting for an action on an unreachable dialog, or is simply so slow that it appears that no progress is being made (e.g. I think Trustwave needs to download the whole file, and virus scan it before even letting us know it is available for download.)

I will be submitting a request to get the Intel servers excluded from the Trustwave scanning, but not sure how specific that is, or even whether it will be granted.

David

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today