Unable to build IPP 8.1 with sample audio-video-codecs by static linking(--ipp=static)

Unable to build IPP 8.1 with sample audio-video-codecs by static linking(--ipp=static)

Hi,

I am using IPP 8.1 with sample audio-video-codecs and i am trying to build on Linux(Debian). In ipp-samples.8.0.0.005/builder/build.sh --help describes that to Generate workspace for selected IPP library type if you would not mention any optional flag "--ipp=static or dynamic",static is used by default.when i build found that 'dynamic is used by default'.

When i build with --ipp=dynamic,it is working fine.

But when i use flag --ipp=static i found some error:

$./build.sh  --sample=audio-video-codecs --arch=intel64 --ws=make --build --ipp=static 

/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1/ipp/lib/intel64/libipps.a(psfftsblkcn_n8---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.o): In function `n8_ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f':
psfftsblkcn_n8---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x2e0): undefined reference to `n8_ippsSin_32f_A24'
psfftsblkcn_n8---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x2fd): undefined reference to `n8_ippsCos_32f_A24'
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1/ipp/lib/intel64/libipps.a(psfftsblkcn_l9---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.o): In function `l9_ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f':
psfftsblkcn_l9---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x61a): undefined reference to `l9_ippsSin_32f_A24'
psfftsblkcn_l9---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x633): undefined reference to `l9_ippsCos_32f_A24'
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1/ipp/lib/intel64/libipps.a(psfftsblkcn_m7---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.o): In function `m7_ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f':
psfftsblkcn_m7---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x382): undefined reference to `m7_ippsSin_32f_A24'
psfftsblkcn_m7---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x398): undefined reference to `m7_ippsCos_32f_A24'
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1/ipp/lib/intel64/libipps.a(psfftsblkcn_mx---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.o): In function `mx_ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f':
psfftsblkcn_mx---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x3a7): undefined reference to `mx_ippsSin_32f_A24'
psfftsblkcn_mx---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x3c0): undefined reference to `mx_ippsCos_32f_A24'
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1/ipp/lib/intel64/libipps.a(psfftsblkcn_e9---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.o): In function `e9_ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f':
psfftsblkcn_e9---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x4d8): undefined reference to `e9_ippsSin_32f_A24'
psfftsblkcn_e9---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x4f1): undefined reference to `e9_ippsCos_32f_A24'
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1/ipp/lib/intel64/libipps.a(psfftsblkcn_y8---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.o): In function `y8_ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f':
psfftsblkcn_y8---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x405): undefined reference to `y8_ippsSin_32f_A24'
psfftsblkcn_y8---ipps_initTabTwdBase_32f.i:(.text+0x41b): undefined reference to `y8_ippsCos_32f_A24'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/afaque/sample/ipp-samples.8.0.0.005/__cmake/audio-video-codecs.intel64.make.static.release'
make[2]: *** [__bin/release/simple_player] Error 1
make[1]: *** [application/simple_player/CMakeFiles/simple_player.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/afaque/sample/ipp-samples.8.0.0.005/__cmake/audio-video-codecs.intel64.make.static.release'
make: *** [all] Error 2

[ audio-video-codecs.intel64.make.static.release                      State: FAIL ]

Please suggest me if there is any solution to remove this error.

Thank You

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi Ahmad,

is ippvm.a (ipp vector math, where sin and cos functions are) library present in your path and link cmd?

regards, Igor

Ahmad,

Almost in all audio-video-codecs\application\* subfolders you can find CMakeLists.txt configuration file. Search these files for such string:

list( APPEND LIBS_IPP ippcore ipps ippi ippj ippvc ippcc ippac ippdc ippch )

and just append ippvm. It should look like this:

list( APPEND LIBS_IPP ippcore ipps ippi ippj ippvc ippcc ippac ippdc ippch ippvm )

This should help. Thanks

Now its working.

Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to leave a comment.