Flow Graph Designer is a visualization tool that supports the analysis and design of parallel applications that use the Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) flow graph interface. The flow graph interface allows developers to express the dependency, streaming and data flow graphs present in many domains such as media, gaming, finance, high performance computing and healthcare. The flow graph has been supported as a part of the Intel TBB library since 2011. We are currently providing Flow Graph Designer as What If Experimental Software so that we can receive feedback from users as we continue to develop this tool to make the flow graph interface easier to adopt, use, debug and tune.
Changes included in the 0.02 release:
- A Linux version of the Flow Graph Collector. Traces of your flow graph application can now be collected on Linux (or Microsoft* Windows*) and visualized in the Flow Graph Designer running on Microsoft* Windows*.
- Example trace files are now included in the distribution.
- Support for the the indexer_node (added in Intel TBB 4.2 update 4)
- Support for additional node properties; including adding body code in the GUI.
- Other bug fixes and improvements
You can download the Flow Graph Designer tool from http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/flow-graph-designer
You can download the Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) library from The Intel® Threading Building Blocks (Intel® TBB) product page or The Intel® TBB open source community page.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.