Error with a function !

Error with a function !

Hello,

Every time I try to execute this program, it says : error #6236: A specification statement cannot appear in the executable section. Does anybody has any idea about the reason ? Thanks

program FP
implicit none

real ::  Thita_PD
double precision::pi

pi=3.1415926536d0
Thita_PD = 25

!------------------------------!
FUNCTION Acw(r)    
real :: Acw
real, intent(in) :: r
Acw = 3*(r**2)*(cos(Thita_PD*pi/180d0)*((1/tan(30.0*pi/180d0))*cos(Thita_PD*pi/180d0)-sin(Thita_PD*pi/180d0)) &
+ Thita_PD*pi/180d0 + 30*pi/180d0 - pi/2) 
END function Acw
end program FP

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Since your function references things declared in the main program, what you want to do is make Acw a "contained" function. Add the single line:

CONTAINS

before the FUNCTION line. That will resolve the syntax error. I assume you're going to be adding a call to Acw somewhere (before the CONTAINS).

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Thanks for your reply. The point is that I'm gonna use the equation 

Acw = 3*(r**2)*(cos(Thita_PD*pi/180d0)*((1/tan(30.0*pi/180d0))*cos(Thita_PD*pi/180d0)-sin(Thita_PD*pi/180d0)) &

many times in my program so this is why I preferred to make it as a function. I tried doing what you told me but I got error #6633: The type of the actual argument differs from the type of the dummy argument.

program FP
implicit none

real ::  Thita_PD,x
double precision::pi
 pi=3.1415926536d0
Thita_PD = 25
x=Awc(5)
Contains
FUNCTION Acw(r)   
real :: Acw
real, intent(in) :: r
END function Acw
end program FP

You want in line 9:

x = Acw(5.0)

5 is an integer and this doesn't match your declaration of the dummy argument as real.

Steve - Intel Developer Support

Line-9 has two errors. The function name is not spelled correctly, and the argument should be of type real; change "5" to "5.0".

Secondly, note that the function could be written more compactly as "acw=C*r*r", where C is a constant multiplier -- everything in the expression that you showed except for "r**2". This constant may be declared and computed in the main program once for all, before calling the function any number of times.

Thanks guys a bunch. Solved

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today