Cannot set ulimit memlock for users - MPSS 3.2.3

Cannot set ulimit memlock for users - MPSS 3.2.3

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I have made a mistake, but I cannot seem to set the ulimit memlock for users on the MICs.

Firstly, I am running the MPSS release 3.2.3 with the firmware upgrades that come with it, on RHEL 6.3.

If I login to a MIC, I can see the ulimit settings by issuing: ulimit -a

The max locked memory by default is 64.  I can set this, as root, to unlimited by issuing: ulimit -l unlimited.  Then, if I logout the change is lost.

So, I looked for the ulimits.conf file.  I extracted the base file: /usr/share/mpss/boot/initramfs-2.6.38+mpss3.2.3-knightscorner.cpio.gz to a new location using zcat and cpio.  I then noticed two files.  In the base directory there are:

/etc/security/limits.conf

/etc/security/limits.d/95-memlock.conf

The file limits.conf contains only examples.  However, the 95-memlock.conf file contains:

*   -    memlock   unlimited

I have tried different permutations, but none, as of yet, seem to work.

I created a new file: /var/mpss/common/etc/security/limits.conf that contains:

*   -    memlock   unlimited

but that seems to be ignored.

I did notice the following post regarding a similar problem, but the software architecture of the MICs appears to have changed and this is no longer valid:

https://software.intel.com/forums/topic/404071

I acknowledge that I may have made a trivial mistake :)

Any help and/or examples is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Gerald

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Hi all,

Fixed.  It was something obvious after all.

The line 'UsePam yes' had not been uncommented in the base directory, so I made a copy in:

/var/mpss/common/etc/ssh/sshd_config

Never mind.  Sorry to trouble anyone that bothered looking! :)

Cheers,

Gerald,

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards
--
Taylor

Login to leave a comment.