How to use floating license as a second user?

How to use floating license as a second user?

Hi, we (my colleague and I) shared the fortran compiler (1 floating license with 2 seats, info at the bottom of the post)  last December. It worked fine for my colleague when he is the sole user. But when I recently installed the compiler on my computer and tried to use it, it shows two error messages when I tried to build a solution: "Error A license for FCompW is not available now (-96,7,11001).","error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license". But when I open the Intel Software Manager, it didn't indicate any problem about the license.

What I did when installing the compiler is as follows: 1) Downloaded the compiler and installed it. 2) Downloaded the intel software manager and installed it using the license file my colleague sent to me (It's a floating license with 2 seats, so I assume I can use it as a second user, right?)

Can anyone help? Thanks a lot!

Product: Intel® Visual Fortran Composer XE for Windows*
SKU: FCX999WFAE02
Vendor: Lifeboat
Version: 2013 SP1
License Type: Floating
Number of Seats: 2
Quantity: 1
Support Code: academic
FulfillmentType: ESD
Support Period End: Jan 18, 2015
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

Flexlm must run on one computer to which both clients have access. This is distinct from the software manager which is used as optional way to manage updates. You should have received flexlm setup instructions. If you need help with this it's a topic for the companion forum on registration and licensing.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today