how to use silent mode to install Intel® Parallel Studio XE Suites

how to use silent mode to install Intel® Parallel Studio XE Suites

Hi:

I download l_psxe_online_p_2.1.3.020.sh, and sh l_psxe_online_p_2.1.3.020.sh --help. After that, I see -s, --silent [FILE] run install silently, with settings in the configuration file. However, I do not know the format of configuration file. Is there any more reference to talk about the format of configuration file?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

The silent install configuration file is a pure text file. Silent installation is supposed to be used for full downloaded installation package only, After extracting the downloaded package you will find a silent configuration template file silent.cfg under the directory where you extracted the installation file. 

It's NOT recommended to use the silent install option with the online installer since you don't see what download/installation activities are going on in the background and you will not have a chance to select components for download and installation which is one of the key advantages of the online installer. 

You can find a knowledge base article for silent installation here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-compilers-for-linux-sile...

Regards,
Hubert.

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today