Unhandled exception using depth sensor

Unhandled exception using depth sensor

Hi,

All PCSDK samples seems to be working except the ones using depth sensor. Installed intel_pc_sdk_offline_package_t_1.8.13842.0.exe.

When starting c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\PCSDK\bin\x64\gesture_viewer.exe using Labelmap it works, but when selecting Depth then click Start it displays GPF.

When compiled from the source and started from the Visual Studio it outputs:

First-chance exception at 0x77261D4D in gesture_viewer_d.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: DepthSense::Utils::UIOException at memory location 0x04CCE22C.
Application "\??\C:\Program Files\SoftKinetic\DepthSenseSDK\bin\DepthSenseServer.exe" found in cache
First-chance exception at 0x0FF4DE5D (libpxccore.dll) in gesture_viewer_d.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.
Unhandled exception at 0x0FF4DE5D (libpxccore.dll) in gesture_viewer_d.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.
The program '[7504] gesture_viewer_d.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Another app is crashing at C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\PCSDK\sample\common\src\util_pipeline_face.cpp, line 14: pxcStatus sts=session->CreateImpl<PXCFaceAnalysis>(&m_face_mdesc,&m_face) providing:

First-chance exception at 0x07D76ED0 (libpxcface.dll) in test.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.
Unhandled exception at 0x07D76ED0 (libpxcface.dll) in test.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction.

Please advise.

Many thanks,
Ivan

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
For more complete information about compiler optimizations, see our Optimization Notice.

What kinds CPU are you using? You need have 2nd and above Intel CPU to use latest R8 PerC SDK. Thanks!

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

Ivan, your CPU is pretty old and did not support AVX instruction set which was used in PerC SDK R8. Please either use the older release PerC SDK or install PerC SDK in the machine that meets our CPU requirement. Thanks!

Thanks for the info David.

It would be nice to detect if processor doesn't have required instruction set and disable PerC SDK to prevent crashes.

Do you have download link for previous PerC SDK working without AVX instruction set? Or older DepthSense SDK?

Just installed GOLD R7 (intel_pc_sdk_offline_package_t_1.7.12492.0.exe) and it works fine, so AVX requirement is introduced in R8?

Yes, AVX was introduced in R8 to improve the performance. Thanks!

Dear all,

I've got the same problem but my cpu is an Intel i3 U380....

how can i handle it?

You have an unsupported CPU. (from 2010).

Leave a Comment

Please sign in to add a comment. Not a member? Join today